Monday, April 16, 2012

A Ravishing Redhead by Jillian Eaton

Margaret knew that she didn't marry for love, she married the Duke because he needed funds and she had a generous dowry.  But does that really give him leave to be drunk on their wedding day and then take off with all the funds and leave her in a crumbling manor in the country?  Surely not.  And as eight months have passed without a word or any funds sent her way to live, she has worked herself into quite a tither.  When her husband, Henry Winter, Duke of Heathridge finally shows up and she is mistaken for a stable lad, she lets it go and has a bit of fun with the duke, but her temper gets the best of her and the laughs come to an end and fury on both parties ensures.  After all, Henry thought he married a nice, calm lady--not a ravishing, bossy vixen.  Together they must overcome a few hurdles and start a true courtship to hopefully find true happiness together.

This is book two in Jillian Eaton's Wedded Women Quartet and was another delightful, fun, sexy novella!  I loved watching the sparks between the couple grow but how they didn't jump into bed to solve all their problems right away.  I thought Henry was going to be a jerk of a hero, because who ditches their new wife with no funds, but as the truth was quickly revealed,  I was happy with how decent, caring and protective Henry became.  Margaret is one of my favorite types of heroines--bossy, quick tempered and compassionate all rolled into a lovely character.  Together, they blended well and I was happy with the pace of the storyline.  As always with novellas, I would have liked a bit more--especially seeing more of Henry and Margarets courtship but overall, I enjoyed this and it was a happy distraction from everyday life!  I look forward to the other two friends stories as we get just enough a glimpse into whats next!  Perfect for the romance fan who loves a sweet, sexy, fun novella.  4 stars

Thanks to Jillian Eaton for providing me a copy of this ebook!

The Wedded Women Quartet
(Could be read as stand-alones so far but we do get glimpses of previous characters)
A Brooding Beauty (Wedded Women Quartet, #1)
A Lascivious Lady (Wedded Women Quartet, #3)
        Expected publication September 2012

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh! new to me author. I'll be sure to check these out. Are all the books novellas, not that it matters, the shorter books are great when you're busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, novellas as I'm sure you have figured out :) I do hope she tries a full length someday because I think she could do a good job with it~

      Delete
  2. Found A Brooding Beauty on my Kindle waiting list. LOL! Another great quick read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I really enjoyed both books and thought she did a good job with the novella length. Just right when you want that quick read :)

      Delete
  3. I only read "A brooding beauty" and it was wonderful.Each emotion was pictured so vividly that I somehow found a resemblance with Lisa Kleypas (who is by the way my most favourite author)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely compliment! I need to get caught up with Lisa Kleypas so I will trust your knowledge :)

      Delete
  4. Lisa -- Thank you for taking the time to read ABB and for the lovely review :)

    Anonymous -- You just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! :) (Sorry for the delay, I missed when your comment came through!)

      Delete