Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan

I'm not quite sure how to write up a review for this novella without giving away some spoilers so I am just going to say--as I started reading this and seeing how the plot was to unfold, I thought...how can this end happily without damaging Serena further than she has already been hurt?  Have no fear, there is no reason to doubt Courtney Milan (not that I really did).  This story is going to make you sigh, smile, laugh and make you fall hard for the Wolf of Clermont, Hugo.  How Hugo handles the delicate situation that Serena finds herself in following an encounter with his boss, a duke, is one of the sweetest, sexiest scenes I have read in some time.  I loved it.
Overall, not much to say except this is yet another winner from the ever-talented Ms Milan.  Novellas always leave me wanting more, and yes, I wanted more from this one too, but it also tied everything up and made me happy.  It gives you just enough of a glimpse into the start of the new series and has made me even more anxious for the full-lengths!  This is a wonderful story of two stubborn people who fall in love under unfortunate circumstances but finally prevail to find the happiness they have both been missing!  4 1/2 stars


Upcoming Brothers Sinister's series
The Duchess War (Brothers Sinister, #1)The Heiress Effect (Brothers Sinister, #2)The Countess Conspiracy (Brothers Sinister, #3)
   Summer 2012        Late 2012             2012/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment