Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!  2012 already?  That seems a bit crazy!  I would like to wish all of you a very happy, healthy and blessed new years and find lots of happiness and love in your book journeys!


Now, resolution time.  I did pretty good on my goals for last year.  I have not updated my A to Z challenge in quite some time so I will have to get back to you on that.  As for reading 96 books in the year...that one I manged to surpass as I was able to read 188 books in 2011!!  Wow.  I'm not going to shoot for to much more than that for 2012 so I will start my goal at 150 and for from there.  And book buying.  Yeah, I did ok for most of the year.  Then I started getting antsy in the last couple of months so I picked up too many books that I didn't really need right now...oh well, lol!  But for 2012 I will have the same type of goal.  I am only going to use my Amazon gift cards to buy books.  If I don't have a balance available, the book will need to wait.  I love being able to get books through netgalley.com and all the awesome new author friends I have made this past year and I hope that generosity continues into 2012.

Another goal I have is to read all the wonderful self published books I have been accumulating.  They all seem to have great reviews and I am really looking forward to finally reading most of them!  Some authors on my radar include Rose Gordon, Ava Stone, Jane Charles, Kate Harper, Catherine Gayle, Jerrica Knight-Catania, and Natasha Blackthorne.  Yes I already have books by all these authors and I really, truly hope to read them all!

One more goal for myself is to read some of the older historical books I keep putting off because there are just do many darn good books coming out!  First and foremost is to read What I Did for a Duke by Julie Anne Long.  I also hope to get back to the Bridgerton series from the fabulous Julia Quinn.  I also have some backlist books from Meredith Duran, Lavinia Kent, Anna Campbell, Jennifer Ashley and Katherine Ashe I hope to read.  The main word there is *hope*

Well, they seem like some lofty goals but they are truly want I want to accomplish in my book reading.  Personally...well...love my family as much as possible :)  What about you?  What sort of goals are you hoping to accomplish in your book reading or personally?

No comments:

Post a Comment