Saturday, August 8, 2009

Redneck Cinderella by LuAnn McLane

Apparently I am on a new author kick as this yet another new author for me and she is being added to my growing list of favorites!! This book follows along the Cinderella theme with a rags to riches storyline. Jolie and her Daddy sell their farm to Jolies high school sweetheart, Cody, for a cool $3.5 million and are set up in the new Copper Creek Estates. Needless to say...these country folk do not really fit it. Cody takes it upon himself to talk to Jolie about the "situation" and gradually sparks start to fly.
There are wonderful supporting characters from Jolies Daddy to the etiquette coach Miss Abigail and her PA Carletta plus Codys brother Brett and the wanna be girlfriend, Marissa. I breezed through this book in an afternoon and was snickering to myself quite a bit. It hooked me right away and I absolutely loved the Cinderella reference at the end (Jolie must hurry to the ball right before midnight and leaves her boots at the ball and, well, I think you can guess the rest!). The only thing I didn't really like was the heroines name. Jolie. Made me thing of Angelina Jolie the whole book, and there is no way I could see her being a southern redneck! Also, it is written in first person which took a bit to get used to but it worked for me.

This rates a solid four stars for me and I am looking forward to the new release, He's No Prince Charming and reading some of McLanes earlier works. I highly recommend this book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment