Saturday, August 8, 2009

How to Score by Robin Wells

This was also a new author for me. However, I found myself having a hard time getting into the book. I actually skimmed the middle chunk of the book. We meet Chase, who is stepping in for his brother, Luke who has to go into the Witness Protection Program due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now Luke is a life coach who talks to people over the phone so Chase thinks he can handle this. Then he talks to Sammi. Sammi is a klutz and having a rough time with men....she always injures all the men she is interested in after her ex dumped her. So begins the roller coaster of talking on the phone as "Luke" and being himself (Chase) since he decides to "accidentally" bump into her while jogging.
Overall, this isn't a bad story....I just could not get hooked. Their is a great subplot with Sammis boss (she works as a museum curator) and landlord that is fun to read. Also, there is a bit of suspense drama near the end that I did not expect but liked. I give this three stars. I also have another of Robin Wells' novels, Between the Sheets on my TBR pile but I think I will hold off on it a bit and hope I enjoy it more than I did this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment