Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Silhouette Special Edition -- Sep09

Texas Cinderella by Victoria Pade

This was another enjoyable read in the miniseries The Foleys and The McCords. (Diamonds, power and passion...Texas style!) Tanya is the housekeepers daughter and has no plans to be swept off her feet by Prince Charming. Then Tate McCord comes home and she can't help but want to get to know the man behind the money and name. Sparks fly and this is an easy and sometimes funny read. 3 and a half stars.

A Marriage-Minded Man by Karen Templeton

For some reason I did not really want to read this book. The description just did not really appeal to me. But, since it was part of my monthly shipment, I kind of felt obligated to read it since I pay for it :P Anyways--I was pleasantly surprised that it hooked me right away and before I knew it, I was halfway through it! The story centers around Eli Garrett and Tess Montoya, high school sweethearts. They have a bad breakup and Tess marries someone else and then endures a painful divorce. They reconnect later but Eli holds off and Tess wonders why he has an aversion to dating women with children. I didn't enjoy the second half of this book as much as the first. Sort of just skimmed the last couple chapters. Two and a half stars.

A Cold Creek Homecoming by RaeAnne Thayne

For me personally, this was another I was not really looking forward to ready (I wish I could pick which books I wanted each month as they print six and send you four!). This book centers around Quinn and Tess (note to Silhouette....try not to have to stories the same month with the same name). She treated him like dirt in high school while he was in a foster home. Quinn returns home to Cold Creek to help his foster mom, who he loves dearly, pass away and Tess is one of the nurses. Story evolves naturally from that....they discover what they have been missing. It did bring tear to my eye when Quinns foster mother finally passes. Sweet book. Three stars.

The Pregnant Bride Wore White by Susan Crosby

Oh, the classic one night stand leads to a baby and the dad doesn't know story, right? Well, I was pleasantly surprised that this had a bit of a twist to that storyline. Keri and Jake share one night together and then are separated and when she finds out she is pregnant, she goes to his hometown to tell him. However, he is nowhere to be found but his family takes her in. Jake returns home just before the birth and follows the family tradition of no babies born out of wedlock. Obviously they develop feelings for each other and have a happy ending. How they get to that though, is a good story. Crosby also has Jake's two brothers featured who will each have their own story soon and I am looking forward to reading them. Enjoyable read, three and a half stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment