Friday, July 24, 2009

Pratice Makes Perfect by Julie James


From Amazon.com: After eight years of grueling yet friendly competition, both Payton and J. D. anticipate partnership at their prestigious Chicago law firm. But after putting aside their personal animosities and working together to sign an important account, they realize each is vulnerable to, and attracted by, the other. Unfortunately, their boss then announces that only one partner will be named this year from the litigation department, and suddenly the competition is very real—and not at all friendly.

This is a fast-paced romantic comedy with sharp dialogue and hilarious situations that had me laughing out loud quite a bit! I believe I read the entire book with a smile on my face :) It was enjoyable right from the get go. I loved how Julie James experience in the law world is evident and makes you feel like you are there. I also liked the lack of sexual detail but there is plenty of sexual tension.....sometimes its nice to leave a bit to the imagination. I give this book a solid four and a half stars. I finished reading it still with that smile on my face.

This is Julie James second book following Just the Sexiest Man Alive (a winner!). She is now an auto buy for me and I can not wait until she has a new book out hopefully next year! I wish she had more out now. But--I can wait if the next one is enjoyable as her first two :)

Side note on my A to Z challenge..... taken care of P -- 19 left.

No comments:

Post a Comment