Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lucky Streak by Carly Phillips


This is the second in a trilogy of books. I have to say I enjoyed this one much more than the first book, Lucky Charm. Synopsis: Long ago, a witch proclaimed an eternal curse that every Corwin male who married for love would be destined to lose his woman and his fortune...

This story centers around one of the Corwin cousins, Mike and his new wife Amber who he met in Vegas and married on a whim. He then wakes up the next morning to find her and the $150k they one at the slots gone. Needless to say, he is not happy even though Amber has a very good reason for bolting. I really enjoyed the plot of this story more than the back cover eluded too. The back cover made it sound as if Amber and Mike would not reunite for most of the book when it fact, it was the opposite. Amber finds Mike back in Boston, apologizes, and does everything she can to make him forgive her. It was a nice change of pace that I liked and interesting to see their love blossom.
If you read Lucky Charm first (and I like to read all books in series in order), you will see the same characters appearing again and how their life has progressed. There are good supporting characters this time around also! They add weight and help keep the story interesting. Phillips also leads you into the final cousins story, Lucky Break and it sounds like another good one.
Overall, I give Lucky Streak a solid 4 stars. It was fast paced and I finished reading it in a day and ended with a smile on my face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment