Monday, July 27, 2009

The MacKade Brothers: Devin and Shane by Nora Roberts

This book is number two following The MacKade Brothers: Rafe and Jared which I highly recommend you read first as this continues on with the brothers.
I really enjoyed the first story containing Devin's story. His relationship with his secret love, Cassie, is very moving. Cassie married right out of high school before Devin got a chance to tell her his feelings and she ended up in a abusive relationship. She finally gets the courage to go to Devin for help and he does, of course! He bids his time and makes his move and Cassie realizes that it has always been Devin that was there for her. Very heartwarming story with just a touch of suspense thrown in.

Then we move on to Shanes story. For me, it was just all right. Shane is the farmer of the bunch, and a ladies man. He meets his sister-in-laws friend who is there to check out the ghosts (ongoing story through all four stories). Rebecca is a brainiac, quiet and unnoticed most of her life. She meets Shane and sparks fly. I don't know what it was with this story, but I found myself just sort of skimming the end, wanting it to be over. I just didn't enjoy it as much as the others, which was a disappointment.

Overall, I give this book 3 and a half stars and for the whole MacKade storyline, 4 stars. I love how Roberts keeps bringing back the characters from the previous books so you see how their life is developing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment