Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Sinner Who Seduced Me by Stefanie Sloane

This is just a quick review as real life is quite busy at the moment!

This is book three of Stefanie Sloanes debut trilogy this year and while I liked it, I didn't really love it either but I think that was because I personally don't like to read a lot of the 'secret spy' type stories so maybe if I had waited a bit after reading The Angel in My Arms: A Regency Rogues Novel I might have enjoyed it a bit more.  That being said, if you have not read The Angel in My Arms: A Regency Rogues Novel yet, I suggest that you do first as something quite shocking in there leads to the events that happen in this book.

James Marlowe is undercover on a dangerous mission and it is thrown into more upheaval when his first love, Lady Clarissa Collins is forced to portray her male painter teacher in order to protect her mother.  Clarissa is furious to be in the care of the man who broke her heart but James had his reasons for saying what he did at the time and neither has really recovered from it.  There is quite a bit of back and forth on this subject and I wish it had been cleared up a bit sooner but James and Clarissa obviously still have strong feelings for each other that leads to some funny and hot encounters.  Will James come clean about his past, not to just Clarissa and her mother, but to his friends as well?  And will James and Clarissa be able to move on from their past to find happiness together for the future?  If you have enjoyed Stefanie Sloanes previous books, this is another solid addition to the series and I look forward to more books next year.  3 1/2 stars

The Devil in Disguise: A Regency Rogues NovelThe Angel in My Arms: A Regency Rogues Novel

No comments:

Post a Comment