Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Lady Most Likely... by Julia Quinn, Eloisa James and Connie Brockway

This is a novel in three parts, as the cover says, with each author writing a short story but all within one storyline. I'm not a big anthology reader but this didn't do a bad job. The first story, by Julia Quinn, is a love at first sight sort and was sweet if a bit slow.
The second, by Connie Brockway, is about a young lady who loves her older brothers friend but as he is older, and a bit of a rakehell, her father refuses courtship and he goes to war so that he can fulfill his promise to the father to allow her a season before he courts her. It is four years later and they get reacquainted at the country event they are all at. Once again, not bad but a bit slow...not to much actual romance and I wanted to smack both of them on the head a few times.
The third is by Eloisa James and is again, a sort of secret love type. This one was my favorite for the heat and the fun. I wasn't quite sure if I believed that he loved her for so long but never mentioned it but....

The part I don't like about anthologies that are one long storyline, especially in a historical, is I get a bit confused by all the people. Its a bit hard to keep everyone straight when they go from referring to them by their title, then their last name or first name. Had to keep glancing at the back cover to make sure I was thinking of the right person. Overall, an enjoyable book to curl up with on a nice sunny afternoon, listening to the mounds of snow melt. 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment