Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kathryn, The Kitten by Lavinia Kent

This is a fun, fresh novella loosely based on Bravos The Real Housewives... series and as a fan, I could not wait to read it! Right off the bat it had me laughing as it opens just like the real shows do, with the women, in this case five women of society, and their little high-handed remarks they make of themselves. This story focuses on Kathryn, Duchess of Harrington and her lack of passion with her husband. Kathryn has been raised to be the perfect wife, hostess and mother but when she and her husband are dealt a tragedy it throws there already lukewarm relationship down the drain. Kathryn turns to her friend Linnette for advice as how to seduce her husband but even as Linnette helps her, Linnette is keeping a very hurtful secret from Kathryn and when it is exposed the fireworks explode.

I really enjoyed all five women that were brought together by a drawing of them in a newsprint, even though they previously had not all know each other, especially the new American (gasp!). They have that cattiness with each other just like the show but there are some true friendships that are severely strained when another drawing reveals a secret they all knew, save Kathryn. I also enjoyed watching Kathryn standing up for herself and telling her husband how she feels and how she wants their marriage to be, much to his surprise and delight. When they finally rekindle the flame, wowza, it grows into a huge smokin fire! And very true to the show, it ends with a cliffhanger and I am glad to see the next "episode" will be out mid July. I know I will by purchasing it to see what happens with these crazy women! This was such a fun idea that played out well for me...a historical twist on a modern show with just enough fun and heat to keep it moving along nicely. I have been meaning to read Lavinia Kent and this just sealed the deal that I need to get to her books soon! A solid 4 stars for this novella (as I would have loved these more I think as full novels).

I received this ebook from the publisher via netgalley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment