Friday, June 3, 2011

Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn

Ok, I am one on the only few people that has not read the entire Bridgerton series, only The Duke and I (note to self: get back to series soon!). But even from that one book I recognize the Smythe-Smith name and eagerly picked up this one to see their own stories. Honoria is in love with her older brothers best friend, Marcus and he returns the feelings but they both don't realize this until after Marcus suffers a life threatening infection and Honoria rushes to his side to care for him. I'm not going to go into the plot much because it is really about the infection and then the build up to the yearly musical but it is all done in Julia Quinns excellent lighthearted way. We get to meet the other three ladies that form the Smythe-Smith musical quartet and they add some fun bickering and are hopefully the other ladies that will each get there own stories. Overall, this is a sweet, happy book that should leave a smile on your face and cheering for Marcus and Honoria but I wish it would have just had something...more I guess. 3 1/2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment