Sunday, April 10, 2011

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLean

Finally....Juliana and Simons story, and what a story it was! We first meet the lovely, feisty, bold, impulsive Juliana Fiori as she is thrust in London society into the care of her twin half brothers, whom she had no clue existed and vice versa, in Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake and we get a couple glimpses of Simon, Duke of Leighton. Simon is known as the Duke of Disdain as he has no tolerance for anything but a pristine reputation. So when he learns that Juliana is barely a respectable lady in Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord due to her mother, he knows they can never be as he needs his perfectly polished reputation now more than ever. As a result, he knows he must propose marriage to the perfectly proper Lady Penelope Marbury. Oh, but it can not just be as simple as that. Juliana proposes a dare to Simon that she can bring him to his knees in just two weeks. He agrees and puts of his proposal until that time. And let the fun begin!

There is just so much to love about this story! Juliana is always muttering in her native Italian and when she realizes that Simon is fluent in Italian, whoops! I enjoyed her confusion with the English language, even though it happened quite often, it's just part of her. We get to see more of her yummy brother Gabriel and Nick and their reaction to certain situations involving their sister and this stuck up duke, priceless.

Sigh, watching these two fall in love was such fun. Simon is determined to resist her and help his family overcome a shattering secret, even if it breaks his own heart in the process. There is a scene where he sees Juliana in the gorgeous black dress pictured on the front and you just know he is done for, because, really, who would be so bold to wear black to a ball when not in morning? Ah, on one but the feisty Juliana who is determined to prove that Simon needs passion in his life.

I could prattle on and on about this wonderful book but really, all you need to do is read it and savor it. Sit outside one afternoon with some wine and just enjoy it. I personally loved Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake and it is what started my new obsession with the historical romance genre, and while Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord was good, it just was not as good as Nine Rules. Oh boy though, Eleven Scandals may be my new favorite now...I just can not quite decide. All three are on my keeper shelf though and I am sad to see an end to this series and these characters. I was hoping Callies brother got a HEA and since Ms MacLean is working on a new book, I really hope he is featured sometime! I have no complaints for this book except I wanted more, not a bad thing to want :) I first read this book when I got the ebook two months ago and I had to skim it a bit to refresh the details and it was still just as good. I can not wait to purchase my own copy and read it again and again. It is that type of book, something to make you smile, laugh, sigh and wish for your very own duke. 5 wonderful stars!!

Thanks to netgalley.com for providing me with this ebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment