Monday, December 6, 2010

Midnight Kiss by Robyn Carr, Jean Brashear, Victoria Dahl

Midnight Confessions by Robyn Carr

This is a sweet short story in the wonderful Virgin River series. I'm not going to say much about this one because if you have read the previous books you will read this one to get a quick glimpse of what Virgin River is up to on New Years eve. If you have not read the series, this is just an all right read probably about two people trying to heal over getting left at the alter (her) and a broken engagement (him). It takes place over only one day, which I did not like, and its only 100 pages so I was left wanting more....which hopefully I will get in this new set of books coming out this year! 3 1/2 stars

Midnight Surrender by Jean Brashear

This was a pleasant surprise for me. I have not read anything by this author but I will be looking into her other books because Ms Brashear did a great job telling a sweet, hot love story in about 100 pages. Jordan comes off pretty stuck up and bitchy but sweet Irishman Will persists and helps Jordan discover that love isn't all that bad. I wish this would have been a full length novel because I would have loved to have seen more interaction between these two! 4 stars

Midnight Assignment by Victoria Dahl
This was another winner from one of my favorite authors. We meet Noah and Elise, FDIC agents, who are about to take over a failing bank. Having worked at a bank that changed hands recently, I was really intrigued by the storyline and felt Dahl did a great job with it. Noah and Elise had worked together before and shared a kiss but parted on uneven terms and need to overcome those terms this time which leads to some steamin romance. I also would have enjoyed this one as a full length novel but this short story was excellent and hot. 4 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment