Monday, May 16, 2011

Cloudy with a Chance of Marriage by Kieran Kramer

This is book number three in Kramers Impossible Bachelors series, and for me, it was just kind of meh. Nothing really stood out as super funny or cute like with her previous two books, which each had moments of laughter and silly smiles. I read this book last weekend and now a week later I am having a hard time remembering what it was all about. Our heroine, Jilly, opens a bookstore on Dreary Lane, and yes, it is dreary. Her neighbor is Captain Samuel who lives life with much more ease than Jilly does, who is on the run from her hateful husband. There are some wonderful supporting characters that help this book move along and Jilly and Samuel have a very sweet courtship and when trouble arises, Samuel does turn his back on Jilly but thankfully is persuaded to remember the Jilly he knows in his heart, not what is thrown in his face.

Overall, not a bad book...just not what I was in the mood for I think so that is part of the reason for the short review. I still look forward to more from Ms Kramer! 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment