Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Backtracking....

Since starting my new job working from home, I have let my reviews slide due to lack of time so I thought if I had a bit of time I would backtrack on some of the awesome books I have read this past year. One of the benefits of my job is that I can listen to audio books which in turn had lead me to check out some other books that I may not have found time for otherwise.
The first series I want to mention today is the In Death series by JD Robb aka Nora Roberts. The first book in the series of over 30 to date is Naked in Death and Indulgence in Death (In Death, #31) just being released this Nov. This whole series focuses on Lieutenant Eve Dallas and the handsome, suave, glorious Irishman Roarke....sigh....he is to die for :) These books are set in 2058 but don't let that stop you if you avoid future type books. They are written in a way that you don't feel like they are so futuristic. Just some great ideas, like professional mom pay!, and vertical lift for cars. Yes, there are 31 books so far and many more to come I hope, but Robb does a great job with the suspense, some books are better than others, and the romance and love between Dallas and Roarke is smokin! But what really makes these books just keep working and working are the the wonderful supporting characters. They make the books from Peabody to Mavis and beyond...

And since I have listened to all of these on audio so far I have to mention the fab-u-lous narrator, Susan Erickson. She has breathed life into all these characters in a way that is beyond great. I am only up to #23 and I took a bit of a break from them to start up JR Wards Brotherhood series (LOVE!!) but I can not wait to get back to them!! Almost all these books have been 5 star reads for me. If you have not picked one up yet...you.must.do.so.!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment